Monday 26 April 2010

Jelly Bean Heist


There's a little story behind this card.
I have a brother called Richard and (like a lot of men) it's hard to know what to buy him for birthday and Christmas.
One year I bought him a huge jar of Jelly Belly beans and his wife told me he liked them....
Well that was what he started getting for every present every year!
Sometimes I would put a little extra with the jelly beans like a gift voucher or some toiletries etc
Anyway it was his birthday last Saturday and my mum had mentioned that what he would really like this year was some cash to put towards a new computer part.
I had already bought this cute House Mouse stamp with the intention of matching it up with Richard's jar of beans only now I wasn't giving him any beans.
The title of the stamp is "Jelly Bean Heist" so that gave me an idea....I put cash inside the finished card and wrote "Sorry, the mice ate all the jelly beans".
I hope he liked it.
The stamp was stamped and embossed with fine detail gold powder - this meant I could get away with not colouring so much of the image *however* I soon realised that Copic markers do not like embossing powder! (the nibs were starting to pick up the gold colour). I won't be doing that again but I did manage to get the colour off the nibs by scribbling on a bit of scrap paper so it wasn't total calamity.
The sentiment is Jane's Script by Woodware.
Inspired by Sarita's gorgeous card from her blog

1 comment:

Hi it's Maria said...

love it susan, especially the stamp, was going to ask you to send me some images down as my daughter finace loves jelly belly beans too (and my mum) and like you, give them some every year for both birthday and christmas...

and the stamp would have been great, but sound as if you got in a bit of a pickle using it, lol...

love the card and imagin your brother did too...

maria xx