Thursday 13 May 2010

Bookatrix

I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of these cards and I have to be in the right mood to make one!
This was a special request for a customer.

The reason I am not keen on making them is because I don't like to see uneven edges on things and even if I really take my time I am never happy with my cutting out. Now I know why nearly all the samples I have seen have peel-offs around each layer. I don't have any peel-offs though so made do with a bit of glitter glue instead, it does help hide the edge a bit.

You can't tell from the photo but the white card is pearlised and I embossed a subtle swirl pattern over it using white ink and embossing powder, just takes the plain-ness off without being in your face.
The finished card does look nicer in real life I have to say, from the pic you can't see the dimension or the details very well.



This was the matching box (I think I like the box better than the card LOL).
All writing was computer printed and the butterflies are a Martha Stewart punch.

No comments: