Thursday 2 June 2011

Peg


I'd been looking for some over-sized pegs for a very long time with absolutely no luck. I think part of the problem was I have no idea what the correct name for them is so Google just brought up normal wooden clothes pegs.
Anyway I finally discovered them in a craft shop at Embsay near Skipton. They have a website here.



I wasn't sure whether or not to take the pegs to bits and then paint/ varnish. My worry was that I would not be able to put them back together! I know there's not much to a peg but sometimes in the past I have painted things and it has altered them somewhat with regards to size, ie drawers no longer fitting etc.

So for the first one I decided to keep it simple and just slap some patterned paper on, adhered with Mod Podge. Paper, button and seam binding all by Stampin' Up.

I purposely put the paper on upside down because I knew I would mostly be using the peg upside down too, as a memo holder.



Literally a five minute project :)

1 comment:

Hi it's Maria said...

it was five minute worth spending on it susan, it's fab, I really do love it...

maria xx