Wednesday 27 August 2014

Cracked Flower



Image is a freebie with the current Docrafts magazine. There's an article in there about using embossing powder to make a cracked finish.
I used the technique but changed the card design to my own.

The image was covered with Versamark clear ink then sprinkled with clear embossing powder (just the normal stuff, not UTEE) then heated. This was repeated another two times, so three layers of ink and powder altogether. Left a few minutes to cool you then bend the image in different directions to form the cracks, it looks like a vintage tile.
If you don't like how you've cracked it then a quick blast of the heat gun smooths it all out again.

After the cracking I rubbed a beige ink pad over the image and buffed off, this emphasises the crackles where the ink seeps in.
I've done something similar years ago but thought you had to use UTEE, I didn't realise ordinary clear powder would work just as well :)




No comments: