Wednesday 19 August 2015

Swing Tent-fold




I've made the card blank myself, a tent-fold style.
I'll put the measurements up later, you can get two 6 x 6 inch-ish cards from a sheet of A3, it's maybe more like 5.5" but fits nice in a 6" envelope by the time it's embellished.





I've used a Tonic sentiment die, the daisies are Sue Wilson dies, and the leaves are the SU bird punch.

I used a Spellbinders circle die to make the aperture then a smaller one to make the swinging tag, I attached this with invisible mending thread (found in a haberdashery department with sewing stuff, actually I just wanted to use the word haberdashery, love it)




Side view to show the tent-fold, this is the first card I've made with this particular style, I used my own measurements. By the time I'd figured it out I could only think of black and white as decoration but have family/ friends who support either Newcastle or Grimsby Town football clubs so will be fine with those colours!
I think next time I would maybe emboss the front of the card for a bit more interest.

No comments: