Sunday 13 September 2015

Celebrate




As usual I left it until the last minute to make projects for card club.

Some weeks ago I realised we were having issues with people queuing to use the Sizzix (normally have two machines between twelve women) or waiting to use a particular stamp or one of the heat guns or whatever.
I didn't want the ladies becoming too frustrated if they felt they were wasting half their time in a queue, so made the decision to split the group into three tables of four.

Now I make three separate projects, trying to mix the equipment needed, so that one group does not need to do any die-cutting that week.

I think the ladies prefer this way of working because not only are they not waiting for eleven other people to finish with a die but also because they haven't got eleven other people breathing down their neck when they want the die.





The negative is that it's more work for me!
I have to think of the three projects, take three separate lots of stuff, worry if the projects will now be finished too quickly because not so much waiting...

So when I leave it until the last minute I only have myself to blame really. In these circumstances I've found Sue Wilson is my saviour, her dies are so easy to make a card with.
The only thing not SW on this card is the sentiment, a Waltzingmouse stamp, on vellum. Initially I had planned to make more, fuller, flowers but I really had left it too late, oops.






No comments: