Saturday 9 January 2016

Special



We started 2015 at the local hospital and unfortunately it's where I ended the year as well. I'd never been in an ambulance before but think we more than made up for it in the last twelve months (mum, dad, MIL, me - all ill over the year)

Here's hoping 2016 is a healthy and happy one. My first card of this year:





I like the sentiment of this stamp - Woodware - because it's not just something for birthdays. The only downside is that it is very long, just about 8 inches I think, and I can't find an acrylic block that fits it!
I used a newish, flat, Cuttlebug plate in lieu of a block.

The leaf stamps are also by Woodware, I've used Versamark and clear embossing powder.
To liven up the sentiment I drew rough dashes with a 2-way glue pen, waited for it to go tacky, and placed foil over the top. The foiling isn't perfect but with the stamp being a 'scribble' style anyway it doesn't matter.
I know there are foiling machines on the market now but they all seem to need a laser printer, think I'll stick to the glue pen!



No comments: